Today is a delicious day at New Growth Wellness.
For months now I’ve been creating my own versions of energy balls only to have my friends and family drooling and begging for the recipe. Until this week I hadn’t put much effort into writing down my “famous recipe” and had simply enjoyed making it up every time I got into the kitchen. It’s hard to share a recipe with people if I don’t write it down! So, that’s what I did this week.
I clearly have a problem limiting myself to only a few delicious ingredients. I often find myself wanting to include everything whenever I cook – no one should be left out!
So, I’ve created what I call my “Everything Energy Balls”. Everything because that’s what’s in them and because ” Almond, oat, coconut, sesame, raisin, peanut butter, chocolate, sunflower, pumpkin seed, hemp balls” just doesn’t have the right ring to it.
Loaded with… everything, these energy balls are the PERFECT on the go snack, post-work out recovery, and mid-day energizer. They are packed with protein, healthy fats, fibre, carbs, vitamins & minerals (well… everything you need for good health).
This one is a MUST ADD to your snack list this week.
Everything Energy Balls
**Find the PDF printable version of this recipe on my website here!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 26-30 balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (I use raisins)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 4-6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Add peanut butter, honey, & coconut oil and blend until well combined. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times to blend it all.
- Transfer to a large bowl and do a final mix with your hands.
- With slightly wet hands form balls about 1 inch wide and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours until set. You can store them in the freezer for an easy snack that lasts weeks!
Note: Feel free to make adjustments and add your own flair. If you don’t have some of the ingredients don’t worry, you can substitute most things. Just be careful to keep the liquid to solids ratio relatively consistent.
Love & Happy Cooking,