Today I want to share one of my new favourite breakfast recipes. This Orange & Cardamom Spiced Quinoa Porridge will change the way you do breakfast.
Loaded with orange, quinoa, oats, & nuts, this porridge is high in fibre, protein, healthy fats, vitamin C, antioxidants, & many other vital minerals.
The fibre, protein and fats will keep you feeling full for hours!
This one is a MUST ADD to your meal plan this week.
Orange & Cardamom Spiced Quinoa Porridge
**Find the PDF printable version of this recipe on my website here!
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- zest of one orange
- toppings: orange, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, almond milk
1. Combine oats, almond milk, cardamom, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, & honey in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in cooked quinoa and orange zest.
4. Serve topped with orange, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, & a splash of almond milk.
Note: Pre-cooking the quinoa in advance will save you time in the precious morning hours. Simply prep a few cups of quinoa at the beginning of the week and store it in your fridge to add to recipes like this one, soups, or salad throughout the week.
Love & Happy Cooking,