This recipe will warm you from the inside out. I love this recipe as it’s quick and very easy to pull together if you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
The first time I made this recipe, it was by accident – as most of my recipes begin. I had been craving potato leek soup but had wanted something more well balanced after a long day of hiking. So, I started to think how I could possibly add more protein and healthy fats to this classic dish.
Voila- lentils, quinoa and coconut milk!
My fist batch was pretty darn good and only got better from there. I’m confident that this will become a favourite in your household too!
Loaded with protein, this soup will fill you up and keep your muscles strong after a strenuous day. This is the perfect post-workout/activity meal with a healthy balance of carbohydrates for energy, protein for muscle repair, and fats for vitamin and mineral absorption and brain health.
This one is a MUST ADD to your meal plan this week.
Full of Protein Potato Leek Soup
**Find the PDF printable version of this recipe on my website here!
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups leeks, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- green onions (optional for topping)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek & onion and sauté about 5 minutes until softened
- Add potatoes, quinoa, lentils, & broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and then lower to simmer covered for 20-25 minutes
- Add coconut milk, salt & pepper. Blend with immersion blender until desired consistency.
- Serve hot topped with green onions & pepper
Note: Freeze leftovers for a quick “emergency” meal.
Love & Happy Cooking,