When deciding which recipe to share with you as a “sneak peek” from the cookbook, this one was a clear winner. My Banana Oat Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce will become a new staple and favorite in your household. Trust me.
If you want more delicious recipes, don’t forget to come over here and purchase your copy of the Break Free From Sugar E-Cookbook by TONIGHT in order to claim the special launch discount price.
Serves: 2 (approx. 6 pancakes)
• 2 medium bananas, mashed
• 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp ground flax
• 6 Tbsp water
• 1 cup oat flour
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• Chocolate Sauce: ¼ cup organic cacao powder + ¼ cup coconut oil
1. In a small bowl, mix the flax and water until combined. Set aside to thicken.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, & flax mixture.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined (don’t overmix). Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
5. Make the chocolate sauce: In a double boiler, combine the cacao powder and coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium. Lightly oil with coconut oil. When a splash of water sizzles, it’s ready. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter into the pan. Once the underside is lightly golden (about 4 minutes), flip with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
7. Serve warm and top with sliced banana and chocolate sauce.
Love & Sugar-Free Cooking,