When deciding which recipe to share with you as a “sneak peek” from the cookbook, this one was a clear winner. My Banana Oat Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce will become a new staple and favorite in your household. Trust me.
Serves: 2 (approx. 6 pancakes)
• 2 medium bananas, mashed
• 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp ground flax
• 6 Tbsp water
• 1 cup oat flour
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• Chocolate Sauce: ¼ cup organic cacao powder + ¼ cup coconut oil
1. In a small bowl, mix the flax and water until combined. Set aside to thicken.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, & flax mixture.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined (don’t overmix). Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
5. Make the chocolate sauce: In a double boiler, combine the cacao powder and coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium. Lightly oil with coconut oil. When a splash of water sizzles, it’s ready. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter into the pan. Once the underside is lightly golden (about 4 minutes), flip with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
7. Serve warm and top with sliced banana and chocolate sauce.
Love & Sugar-Free Cooking,