It’s recipe creation week here at New Growth Wellness and I have some really exciting (and very very tasty) recipes coming your way.
Today I want to share one of my new favourite creations. This warming lentil & vegetable curry soup was inspired by an old lentil stew recipe I found a few months back.
Loaded with lentils, carrots, spinach, celery and just the right spices, this soup is high in fibre, vitamin A, antioxidants, and vital minerals that keep your immune system strong during the cold months of the year. As an added bonus it is gluten-free & vegan-friendly!
This one is a MUST ADD to your meal plan this week.
Warming Lentil & Vegetable Curry Soup
**Find the PDF printable version of this recipe on my website here!
- 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dry green lentils, soaked
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown rice macaroni noodles
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- Rinse lentils & soak in water for 2 hours or overnight. This makes beans easier to digest and quicker to cook.
- Heat oil over medium in a large pot. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and spices. Sauté 5 minutes until soft & fragrant.
- Add lentils and broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can easily double this soup recipe and freeze the leftovers for another day. You can also replace the brown rice noodles with brown rice but would need to pre-cook it on the side and add 1 cup in at the end.
I loved adding a sprinkle of pepper and serving with a piece of whole grain toast & avocado.
Love & Happy Cooking,