In my recent quest to decrease the sugar in my life and help the beautiful ladies who went through my first Break Free From Sugar Group Program, I discovered and created a few new delicious sugar-free recipes.
I am excited to share one of my favorites with you today: Sugar-Free Granola & Smoothie Bowl
Why is it that breakfast seems to be the hardest meal to get through without added sugar?
Let me help with that.
With summer coming soon and the weather heating up, what perfect timing for a smoothie bowl recipe!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Sugar-Free Granola & Smoothie Bowl
**Find the PDF printable version of this recipe on my website here!
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Sugar-Free Granola (makes 6 cups)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut or flakes
- 2 cups mixed nuts, chopped (almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc..)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- Optional: 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Sugar-Free Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (depending on your blender)
- Topping suggestions:
- Fresh fruit: kiwi, strawberries, orange…
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut or almond butter
- Hemp hearts
- Flax seeds
- Make the granola in advance and store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all granola ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Bake for 20-25 minutes, mixing halfway, until golden brown.
- Make the smoothie bowl – combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on low until creamy. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times or add more milk depending on your blender. The trick is to not make it too thick or too liquidy.
- Dish out the smoothie into two bowls and top with granola and other toppings.
I’d love to hear if you enjoyed this recipe!
Comment below and let me know!
Love & Light,