WOW! Less than a week until the big celebration and holiday. Where has December gone?
I hope you’re enjoying all that this season has to offer.
As it’s my first year in 3 years celebrating Christmas at home, I’m enjoying all the things – the family, the twinkle lights, the cozy nights by the fire as the rain falls….. AND the cookies.
Yup, you heard me right.
I mean, what is Christmas without the baking right?
It’s something we’ve all learned from childhood. To associate the joy and fun of the holidays with the act of baking.
And I still feel that pull too.
But over the past 4 years, I’ve changed what the holidays mean to me.
Baking is no longer the main event. It’s the side attraction.
And with this, I’m able to ENJOY those baked goods 100% more while eating 75% less than I used to.
THIS is Sugar Freedom! (See below for an exciting announcement!)
So that’s what I wanted to share with you today.
A few tips on how you can actually ENJOY the indulgences this holiday without going down the guilt and shame rabbit hole. (Watch my recent video here!)
- Be a part of the decision to indulge. CHOOSE to eat that cookie, instead of doing it mindlessly. Being in control in this way is such a beautiful act of freedom and choice that over time will let the guilt slip away.
- Be PRESENT with your sweet indulgence. Don’t eat on the go or in a rush. Sit down and chew slowly. Enjoy it as slowly as possible.
- Take 3 deep breaths (or walk) before reaching for a second cookie. Often times this little pause will help you steer clear of over doing it (which is often the cause of the guilt).
- Look after yourself in all the other ways to help with the increased sugar consumption (hydrate, lots of vegetables, move your body every day, get lots of sleep…)
- Plan ahead for those indulgences and stick with your goal. I love setting my intention BEFORE going to a party (Ie. I’m excited to enjoy 4 cookies and 2 glasses of wine…).
Ok… so for this exciting announcement I promised above 😉
It’s been MONTHS since I closed the doors to new members inside the Sugar Freedom Collective, and I’m SO BEYOND excited to share that doors will be opening again in mid-January!!!! 🙂
Want to finally feel in control of your sugar cravings and stop feeling tired all day long? You’re going to love the NEW and improved community!
If you’re at all CURIOUS what the community is all about and how we can help you make 2020 your healthiest year yet, I highly encourage you to come put your name on the VIP Registration list HERE.
****As a VIP you will not only get the first chance to register (2 days before opening to the public) but you will also get the BEST price AND bonuses if you choose to join us!
I just LOVE spoiling you and seriously can NOT wait to share all the details and surprises with you in January!
Love & Light,