A few months back I was introduced to something called Apple Nachos.
At first, I was very confused.
Are you going to put apples on my nachos? I don’t’ think so!
Then my friend proceeded to slice up apples, layer them on a plate and smother them in caramel and chocolate sauce. I was sold.
But more importantly, I knew that I had to create a healthy sugar-free version to share with all of you!
Now, it does help that my absolute favorite snack is apple slices with peanut butter and cinnamon. So this just fit so nicely with what I knew would be a delicious flavor explosion.
What I love about this combo is that when we take fruit that is high in sugar, keep it intact with all of nature’s fiber AND combine it with a good dose of protein and healthy fats, we have a slow releasing sugar in the body. WIN-WIN!
These nachos will be sure to WOW at your next party
FULLY LOADED APPLE NACHOS
- 4-6 Apples (your favorite type – I love Red Delicious)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Spiced Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/4 C Peanut or Almond butter (salted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Coconut milk to thin
- Chocolate Sauce
- 6 Tbsp 100% Cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C Raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 C Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Dash of cinnamon for garnish
- Wash and slice the apples into thin slivers (about 12 slices per apple). Place the slices in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Prepare the Spiced Peanut Butter Drizzle by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Add coconut milk to thin into the right consistency to pour on the nachos. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Prepare the Chocolate Sauce by combining the ingredients into another small saucepan also over low heat. Stir until melted and then remove from heat.
- Assemble the nachos. Layer the apple slices on a platter or plate in a circular motion. Drizzle on the Peanut Butter Sauce. Next sprinkle on the almonds, coconut and pumpkin seeds. Finally, drizzle on the Chocolate Sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Love & Good Food,
Do you want even more mouthwatering recipes just like this one?
The sugar-free recipe library within the Sugar Freedom Collective has you covered! With over 100 recipes and counting, it will quickly become your go-to place to grab a quick and healthy recipe.
Join us in the collective to get access to the recipe library AND all the support, accountability, resources, and fun that you need on your journey to sugar freedom!