I’m so excited to be sharing this brand new recipe with you today that I just know you’re going to LOVE.
– QUICK to make
– SUGAR – FREE!
But first I have to apologize.
I was inspired to create a sugar-free dessert just like this one last summer while I was volunteering at Hollyhock Retreat Center and they created something similar for anyone with a dairy allergy. And I’m apologizing because it’s taken me THIS LONG to officially create the recipe and share it with you!!!
Better late than never though right 😉
One of the biggest reasons it took me so long to finalize this recipe was because I had a heck of a time finding the right coconut cream to use. At Hollyhock they bought BIG restaurant sized cans of coconut cream and I just couldn’t find anything similar (trust me, I tried!).
And this lead me to a very shocking discovery.
Did you know that coconut milk and coconut cream are pretty much the same thing when you buy them in the store?
I can’t tell you how many different brands of coconut cream I tried only to discover they were just as liquid as coconut milk. WTF?!!
So, I discovered a work around after giving up on my quest to find real coconut cream in a can.
Why not just use the same technique as for coconut whipped cream!?
After trying many different brands I’ve found these ones to work best (remember to reach for FULL FAT – you want all those good creamy healthy fats!)- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, Native Forest Coconut Milk, Western Family Coconut Milk,
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Don’t forget to come on over to our incredible free Facebook Group to share your photos and thoughts when you make it for the first time!
COCONUT BERRY PARFAIT
Cook time: 5-10 minutes + overnight
- 2 Cans coconut milk (full fat) – see suggested brands above
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Fresh berries/fruit (my favorite combos are cherry & blueberry OR strawberry & kiwi!)
- Sprig of mint for garnish
1. Place both cans of coconut milk in the fridge and let them cool for at least 8 hours or overnight. This separates the liquid from the coconut cream so you can scoop it out easily.
2. Chop and wash any fruit or berries you will be using.
3. Remove the cans from the fridge and flip them upside down. Open them from the bottom and scoop out JUST the cream which should all be now at the top of the can. Alternatively (if you’ve opened it upside down like I have many times) simply pour out the coconut liquid and set aside to use later in your smoothies or cooking.
4. Place the coconut cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Using a beater (or even a metal whisk if you don’t have beaters), beat or whisk the cream for 1-2 minutes until well blended and creamy.
6. Using your fanciest glasses, layer the cream and berries on top of each other and top with the sprig of mint. Voila!
7. Serve fresh or store left over cream covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
P.S. Do you want more natural energy?
I know… who doesn’t right!?
Well, I’m so excited to share with you that I’m working behind the scenes right now to create a fun challenge that will help you not only find your natural energy again but also give your body a much needed rest after an indulgent summer of fun!
I’ll be sharing more with you soon. For now be sure to come over and get your name and email on the list so you’ll be the first to know when registration opens up in less than a week!!!